Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July

July-August are the months I finalize my decision on Christmas cantata...and I've been wrestling with this decision [again] this year...I've been reading, listening, pondering, praying and cannot settle on any new work...I've thought I might just do Majesty Music's "Then Jesus Came" [never done it before], but I'm open to suggestions of other works, but need one with a strong salvation drama...has anyone done Pepper Choplin's "Once Upon a Night"? Curious as to the details as they are limited on Shawnee Press/GlorySound's web-site...

Best wishes for a blessed summer,

Troy Self

1 comment:

  1. Troy,
    I just got the CD for Soundforth's new Christmas program by James Koerts titled "1777" drama by Rick Nichols. I am listening to it as I type. Have you heard it? It is set in Colonial America. The first song is really nice so far!

    We've done a piece or two from "Once Upon a Night" and I think Kurt did at least a good bit of it here several years ago. It has some really nice things in it.

    I'm sure you

    ReplyDelete

Statements should be positive and edifying.
If of a contrary view or opinion, comments should be in question/appeal form. Use our listed e-mail to make debate or apologetic on any philosophy matters.

Kind regards, Rob & Troy