Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ever learning

What a great way to share ideas and experiences together. The Wilds Music Conference was a great blessing as usual, and a big part of that is the opportunity to fellowship and "compare notes" with guys who are facing the same issues. For me, a highlight of the Conference was the opportunity again learn from Jerry Maxwell. He has forgotten more choral technique than I will ever learn and I was challenged and exhorted by the fact that at a time when he could relax and take it easy, he still attends workshops, conferences and is always striving to learn more. That is my new goal and I would appreciate hearing from others about workshops, books, etc. that have been helpful to you in any facet of music ministry.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I always, always enjoy Jerry Maxwell. So much energy and knowledge. My favorite part of the conference though was Dr. Innes! What a fireball! It was enjoyable and quite convicting. It was the best thing that could have happened for me.I really pray that God would give me a church to minister in to use many of these things. Thank you very much for sharing and for your faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. utvolseast is Ken Hedrick from Rochelle, VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken,
    I had never heard Dr. Innes before and was thouroughly blessed by his messages- especially the one on Thursday night from Hebrews. That was tremendous.

    ReplyDelete

Statements should be positive and edifying.
If of a contrary view or opinion, comments should be in question/appeal form. Use our listed e-mail to make debate or apologetic on any philosophy matters.

Kind regards, Rob & Troy